Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The problem with blogging….

No angle, no motivation. Time after time I jump into projects, courses, commitments, social events and fitness routines with all of the best intentions to follow them through but abandon them as quickly as I start. This isn’t a blogging problem it’s a life problem, a character flaw or a bevy of personal failures (harsh). Wow, my personal observation is a touch depressing but I'm here for change and to break the sting of old habits.

I’m sure they’re people out there just like me, that wake up striving to be that A-type personality who finishes everything they start but realizes at the end of the day watching another episode of Millionaire Matchmaker banked in the PVR is soooooo much easier. I’d like to change, be motivation, finish what I set out to accomplish, learn about myself and challenge myself.

My BF noticed me playing around my old blog while I ignored the Canadian Juniors beat the USA and my super excited BF rejoice the big win. After he was finished his happy dance his focus was redirected to ME, he proceeded to explain to me why I failed at my last blog attempt.

His thoughts:


1. Topic too focused
2. Very time consuming
3. Costly


I agree with him but I’ll add a few things:


1. Laziness
2. Fear (Why does the interweb give a shit?)
3. Again, laziness


A blog needs some sort of direction focused on a topic but if you lose the drive and the passion that prompted you to create said blog....it’s doomed. That’s what happened to 365 days 208 recipes.


New Angle:

Some recipes, meal plans with the overall goal of losing 40 to 50 pounds by July 1st 2011. My weight has been bugging me for the past year but it’s hard work to change your lifestyle let alone embark on a new one. So I'm going to write about my wins and failures as I attempt to lose the weight.

I've been joking with friends about not being “the fat bridesmaid” at my friend Sarah’s wedding coming up in July 2011. It’s funny now because it’s January 4, 2011, but time goes by quickly and I abandon projects faster than pop stars fall. My overall goal is to lose 40 to 50 pounds of bad food choices and my shallow, superficial goal is not to end up being a fat bridesmaid. I will be changing the name of the blog, adding a countdown clock, maybe some pictures of my current mass, I have a few other ideas too.

Stay tuned for the changes

Pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment